With Thanksgiving just around the corner, we thought it would be appropriate to spend some time thinking about the impact our alma maters have had on our lives, and why we should be thankful for them. There are so many things about Menasha schools to love and appreciate; here are just a few that you might be thankful for yourself:
- Lifelong friends: For many people, the close friends they make in grade school and high school become friends for life. Even if you move far away from your hometown, your close friendships from high school will always be relationships you cherish. It’s common for people to see their old friends for the first time in years and to pick up the relationship as though they were never apart. The shared experiences you had in high school will bond you for life.
- An educational foundation: Grade school and high school give you a foundation of education and knowledge that will influence the rest of your education and career that follows. This is where you first develop your interests and hone your thinking and important skills. Those early interests likely impacted the direction you took after leaving high school.
- Amazing educators and mentors: The meaningful relationships you develop in your high school years aren’t just limited to your friendships. Most people also bond with at least one or two teachers, coaches or adult mentors in their time in high school who end up being a significant influence or role model for them to follow. High school students spend just as much time learning about themselves as they do their subject areas, and the guidance they get from those adults can be immensely valuable.
- Wonderful memories: The memories you make in high school stay with you for the rest of your life. There are always going to be memories for you to treasure, whether it’s from your favorite sports or activities, to experiences in the classroom, or even just down time you spend with friends in between class. The ability to look back with fondness on your high school career is certainly something to be thankful for.
- Opportunities to give back: As a graduate of Menasha schools, you are always a Bluejay long after you leave. If you find yourself back in the area, you are always welcome back with open arms, and have plenty of opportunities to give back through volunteering, donations or advocacy to ensure new generations of students are able to receive the same experience you did.
If you are thankful for your Menasha educational experience and are feeling generous in this season of giving thanks, please consider joining and donating to our Bluejay Nation alumni organization! We are grateful for any support you can provide.