- How does searching work?
- How private is my information?
- What happens when I click on the "Contact" button?
- I sent a contact request, but didn't receive a response, now what?
- I see my name in the directory, but can't sign into my profile to update my information, what do I do?
- My name is not listed on the directory, how can I get it added?
- Can I ask friends and classmates to sign up?
- How come I can't find the person I'm looking for in the results?
- Why is it important to update my profile information?
You simply enter information into any of the search fields, you may enter information into multiple fields to help to narrow the search.
Be specific, if you enter Jim, it will not find folks named James.
Just like any online social platform your information is as private as you would like it to be. When people click on the "contact" button, they will not see your e-mail address and it also is not viewable to spammers. To keep your profile unpublished, click on the “don’t publish this on the website” choice on the sign-up page, but remember...others will be unable to contact you.
When you click on the "Contact" button, a pop up screen appears where you fill in your name, email address and message to the person you are trying to contact. Once you complete the message and send it, it is up to the receiver to respond to you. We do it this way to protect everyone's privacy.
Darn! Don't get discouraged, any number of things might be happening. For example:
- The person you are sending it to may have an outdated email in their profile, so it never reached them.
- They don't check their email very often and haven't seen your request yet.
- They didn't recognize the sender "firstname.lastname@example.org" and ignored the email.
- The request went into their spam folder and they didn't see it.
The best way to make sure messages get through is to encourage everyone to keep their profiles updated.
I see my name in the directory, but can't sign into my profile to update my information, what do I do?
If you see your name but don't remember signing up, you can simply go into the sign in/sign up screen and either create a new profile (please give us a week or so to delete the old profile) or use the "forgot my password" on the sign in screen. Forgot my password will send a password reset link to the email we have on file for you.
Search results include everyone in our database with a public profile that meets the entered search criteria. If someone is missing it is because they haven't signed up or they chose to keep their information private. You may also want to check your name spelling, name variation (Jim vs. James), and class year.
The Bluejay Nation is designed to be a forum for people to reconnect with classmates, other alumni, and supporters that share a passion for Menasha. Keeping an updated profile allows your classmates an opportunity to reach out. You're not obligated to respond and they won't see your e-mail address, but isn't it fun to hear from an old friend you've lost touch with over the years?